ABOUT RUIRU REHABILITATION CENTRE
The Ruiru Rehabilitation Centre is a registered NGO (ref. No 218/051/0236/187) in Kenya, 25km from the capital city of Nairobi. Home to children rescued from the streets, orphaned or who have been entrusted to the centre by family members unable to give them proper care. Our children, currently between the ages of 6 to 14 attend primary education and live at the centre where all basic necessities are provided. Once they progress to secondary school as well as higher learning institutions we continue to support the children at boarding institutions.
The centre is a safe haven with a holistic approach that cultivates joy and laughter, a foster family with brothers and sisters that can relate, a place where our children can dream of a better future and where hurts from the past find healing in an environment of love, care and affection.
• Assist childrens’ healing process from hurt and trauma.
• Provide formal education.
• Teach practical skills and offer vocational training.
• Promote community participation, ownership and responsibility.
• Foster the reintegration of children back to their extended family when feasible.
• Empower the children and enhance their self confidence through artistic and cultural training and activities.
• Expose children to other cultures to broaden their knowledge and world views.
• Increase the childrens’ awareness of environmental sustainability and responsibility.